Monday, February 25, 2013

I’ve been trying to write more. It seems easy enough in theory and I used to take the amount of time I had to write a little over a year ago for granted. Then, my daughter Isabelle came along and all I want to do is spend time with her and make sure I don’t miss any of the cool things she’s going to do. My peace comes when she sleeps at night and praise God she sleeps through the night. Mostly. Again, writing more is easier said than done. When she sleeps, I feel the need to clean and cook and veg-out in front of the television with my husband. But that does not a book complete! After a long day of work or taking care of my baby or work AND taking care of my baby, I feel like I deserve to be lazy. Something deep inside me tells me I should take those liberties. Not if I want to be a successful, published author who writes full-time and takes care of my family. It’s 1:28am and I’m just beginning to write. I’m off tomorrow. Or today if you pay attention to what time it is and I’ve got about one hour of energy before I need to crash. So… off I go. So sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment