Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cookies for Everyone!!

 
I'm off tomorrow.  Whoo-hoo!  Of course, this is how many of us feel.  Even those of you who don't really go to work because you love what you do.  You know the saying:  You never work a day of your life if you love what you do.  I'm not sure if that's the correct wording but I'm pretty sure you get what I'm saying.  Anyway, every frickin' day I go to work, dang-it, I go to work! 
Having said all that, I just want to let you know that I am so, so tired! My daughter is teething and I've only gotten 2-4 hours of sleep the past few nights.  My husband has been off of work, but I still get called in as back-up.  It's all good, though.  I'm The Mommy.
Even after I've managed to get my darling daughter to go to sleep, I can't sleep!  I’m sure I could crawl into bed and pass out, but I can't.  I've got too much to do!  I'm releasing the first 30 pages of Haunted by Angels for free in a few weeks.  So, what am I doing?  Figuring out ways to promote myself.  By the by, CJ Ellisson is awesome for having a page dedicated to aspiring writers.  One day when we're both at a conference being guest speakers, I'm going to thank her.  I'm going to by her a cookie!  I hope she likes cookies, ‘cause I'm going to hand them over.  Graciously.  I never realized how hard this stuff is.  Writing and editing, yes, it was not that easy.  But I have a story to tell and writing it was easier than promoting it!  I want people to say, "Hey, I know RA Boyd.  I downloaded the first 30 or so pages of her novel for free and now I can't wait to read the next part.  AND I'm willing to pay for it!"  By George and by the grace of God, I'm going to get there.  Oh yes, I am.
Let’s tackle another topic which really doesn’t have anything to do with writing.  I started working out yesterday.  It was the first time I’d worked out in two years.  At least.  Okay, yes me and my daughter do the occasional walk through the neighborhood, but I did an actual workout.  I signed-up for the Black Women Losing Weight (BWLW) website and they just started the May Challenge which is to work out six days a week.  They even give you a varying routine. So, I did Routine One and then went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes.  I’ve had the membership for 8 MONTHS and yesterday was the first time I’ve set foot in that place.  Can I get a cookie?
 Dammit!  No cookies. 
Jen, can I have a healthy cookie?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have some guilt-free cookies you can whip up in a matter of minutes. So good, and so good for you.

    ReplyDelete