Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Make it happen!



If you’re a writer, let me ask you a question:  have you ever had to sneak and write?  Writing for us writers is supposed to come naturally, right?  Of course!  That’s what we do.  But those of you who have children may understand where I’m coming from.

  My awesome daughter is going through a phase where she doesn’t want to sleep at night.  She wants to take long naps in the late afternoon and then rage when you wake her up.  It’s amazing that a 16 month old, 22 lb person can cause me to sneak around my own house like a freakin' ninja!

Amazing! 

She finally managed to fall asleep about six minutes ago and her I am, downstairs in the family room quietly clicking the keys of the computer.  I’m almost afraid that her bionic ears will hear me and she’ll say to herself, “Self, that mommy-lady is awake and by gosh I should be, too!”  Have any of you ever felt that way? 

So now you’re probably asking yourself, “Me, why isn’t Boyd asleep?”  Well You, I haven’t written anything in a few days and I just felt the need to put this out there.  So, here it is.
Just if you’re wondering, HBA did wonderfully!  I’m in awe of how many units were downloaded.  So, so happy am I.  I’m pretty sure all of those people who downloaded HBA didn’t follow this here blog before it was released, but I hope they are now. 

So fellow writer and readers, get it done when you have the chance.  If you have a little person or persons scoping you out while you try to read and write in the wee hours of the night, do it quietly.  Do it quickly.  Do it sneakily.  Just do it.    

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love this. Sneaking around with my laptop until 3am last night. I have one eye open now and I keep missing my mouth with my coffee cup. But by God, I wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaking to write. That's what it takes! 3am, trying to be quiet, listening for the tossing and turning of a little person...

    ReplyDelete