Saturday, May 25, 2013

Overload



Seriously, this is what my brain feels like.  Forgive me if this blog entry is all over the place but again, this is what I feel like right now. 













As a writer, I am giving it my all to be successfully published and not just, “Look mom, I wrote a book!  See, look at my computer.”  I’m trying my hand at self-publishing.  Yes, I would love to be a self-publish success story but I’m also going to go the traditional route.  I’m going to start querying agents.  The thought is frightening and I commend my fellow author and buddy Faye McCray.  She’s in the querying process and now she’s waiting to hear from agents.  Her book is awesome and I know it’s going to get picked up. 
I’m editing, promoting, writing, mommying (to an awesome daughter), wifing (to a supportive husband), working, cooking, cleaning…  You get me.  I’m on websites every day, all day, figuring out how to attract more readers and blog followers.  Sometimes it doesn’t seem worth it.  

But it is!  I know it is.  I have so many stories to tell, so many worlds to introduce you to, so many villains to have you hate, so many bonds that I want you to be a part of.  And you will be.  With self-publishing, I’m showing my agent-to-be that I can promote myself; that even without them, I was awesome at getting people to read stories by R.A. Boyd. 

I’m silently stalking, I mean checking out, agents right now.  They already love me.  They just don’t know it yet.  But they will.  Oh, yes.  They will.  

So… what about you?  Are you feeling the pressure?  Are you trying to be patient and not pull your hair and teeth out?  Just hold on.  We’ll get there.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for the kinds words! We are putting in the work and it will pay off. Our tiny humans are going to be so proud of us. The sky will be the limit for them!

    ReplyDelete