Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Guess who's back!

Don’t call it a comeback!  I’ve been here for years!! 

Alright, so I’ve been MIA for the past ten days and you probably didn’t even know I was missing.  Those two nozzles in Target could have Taken me.  Only those of you who keep up with my blog will understand. 

I’ve been happily procrastinating and Chasing Angels (the next part of Hunted by Angels) is due the end of this month.  I’ve also been editing (staring at the computer screen) Bound, trying to get it ready so I can start querying agents.  And my darling daughter has eased her way back into our bed.  Whoa to me!  (And my husband)  She sleeps like a mad woman.  She’s only 26 pounds and she has taken over the entire bed.  My little Mushka (that’s what I call her) started waking up in the middle of the night and I took the lazy way out: I put her in the bed with us so I could go back to sleep.  Mushka can walk and roll all over my husband’s head and he never even wakes up.  I have the ‘Mother Gene’.  I hear everything she does.  Every breath.  Every snore.  Every time she lifts her head, I sense it.  But this is neither here nor there.

Actually, it’s very here.  I only got about two hours, and I’m being generous here, of sleep last night and I have to work today.  And then I’ll go home, do tons of stuff and then try to write later on tonight.  Write.

Writing. 

It’s something that I love to do and it brings me peace.  Why does it seem like it’s the last thing I actually get to do?  Do you suffer from the ‘I want to be a successful published author but everything else seems to come first’ syndrome?  Is it just me? 

You do it too, don’t you?  You sit and play that cursed Candy Crush, begging for lives and chocolate candy balls!  You sit and mindlessly flip through channels, swearing up and down there’s nothing on television, but you sit there for an hour anyway trying to find something to watch?  Hey, I’m with you.  As much money as I pay for cable, there should be SOMETHING that I want to watch!!  There should be a channel dedicated to me because… I’m getting away from myself.  Writing.  Write. Right.

Come on fellow writers!  Let’s band together and encourage each other to write.  To create.  Down with the Bloody Big Head…I mean down with time consuming, meaningless stuff. 
Let’s do this.  I’ve got deadlines to meet and a child to get back into her crib.  

Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment