Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Energy Flows...

I’m going to hit a few points here this evening.  In the end, I’m pretty sure they will all add up and make perfect sense.  But as of right now, these are three different subjects that have been on my mind all day long.  For those of you who read my blog regularly, you know I have a tendency to rant but in the end, it usually (most of the time) makes for a good read. 

So, here goes:

1.       A coworker of mine told me that I had a four leaf clover in my arse.  Why?  Because every time I get a scratch-off from the liquor store near our job, I win.  I usually win back whatever it is I spent but more than half of the time I win more than triple of what I paid.  Let it be known that I do not buy the really expensive ones.  The highest I’ve gone is spending ten dollars for one.  And then I’ll win at least fifteen dollars back but mostly I win $30-50 dollars. 

Energy goes where attention flows.  When I buy a scratch-off I always say, “I always win when I buy these things.”

When I bought one today I told myself that I would win at least fifty dollars.  The first little section I scratched off said that I had instantly won fifty dollars!  Again: Energy goes where attention flows. 

2.       A buddy of mine, who happens to be the awesome writer Faye McCray from fayemccray.com, said on her blog yesterday that, “One thing is clear, I need to let go and trust in my divine purpose.  Sometimes you have to relinquish control and dance with the wind... instead of fighting so hard to control which direction it blows.”  I don’t know if she came up with this herself, but it sure does rock!  And is sure is true. 

Sometimes, even before I sit down to write, these are the destructive thoughts that flow through my mind: “I’m sleepy.”  “I don’t think I have enough time to write.”  “I have so much to do and I don’t even know where to start.”  Blah, blah, blurg!  I sabotage myself before I even get started!  My attention is already on the fact that I’m working against the clock.  Energy goes where attention flows. 

3.       A coworker of mine who runs themessybakerblog.com posted a recipe for Maple Pecan Granola.  I told her I was thinking of making it but I was just too lazy to do it.  She’s so awesome, she sells her products on her website.  She even suggested I use gluten-free oats for my daughter who has a gluten allergy.  Lazy took over and I asked her to make it for me.  It was so deliciously awesome, three days after she gave me a pound of this tasty stuff, I was making more for me and my family.  I’m actually eating a bowel of it right now.  And there’s granola on the keyboard. 

Jen is constantly looking for recipes and trying new things so that she can pass it along to her readers.  One day, she’ll have a cookbook of her own and she is definitely on her way.  Energy goes where attention flows.

And here goes the round-up ladies and gents!  We can be our own worst enemy.  I know I am.  We writers find so many excuses as to why we can’t write right now or later on tonight.  But if we spent as much time cheering ourselves on as we do breaking ourselves down, we’d be in our great moment!  And this doesn’t just apply to writers.  It’s everyone.  We tell ourselves all of the reasons we can’t do something even when it comes so naturally to us.  And what happens when you don’t do what makes you feel good?  You feel like crap and that energy bounces around and make other people think, “Hey, that person feels like crap.  Let me back away slowly…”  You don’t want people to feel that way about you.  Well, maybe you do sometimes so that they’ll leave you the hell alone, but not always. 

Be your biggest cheerleader.  You know you’ve got it in you.  Let it flow.  Dance with the wind and be happy.  Once you get your brain up to date, everything else will catch up.  

Sidebar:  What do you guys think about Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor?  I will always love you, Matt Smith. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment