Monday, September 16, 2013

Just so you know



So, I just had a weird dream and I thought I’d share some of it with you.  My dreams are one of the ways I come up with ideas for short stories or novels.  I won’t go into extreme detail about the dream but, here goes.

I’m standing in the door of a market watching a thirty-something, hard-body bag boy bag groceries.  I’ve written him a love letter letting him know that I know he’s a werewolf but I love him anyway.  Somehow, hard-body bag boy has the love letter in his possession and he is severely pissed off.  Is it because I love him?  Is it because I know he’s a werewolf?  Is it because I refer to him as hard-body bag boy? 

No clue.

Anyway, I’m suddenly standing in front of a large, Victorian-style home and it belongs to me and my mother.  In this dream, my mother happens to be a cherry-blonde white woman.  Have you noticed I’m African-American? 

Suddenly, Sam and Dean Winchester are there with me because they’ve heard that hard-body bag boy is out for my blood.  So we start werewolf proofing the house. 

The villain his there!  Trying to get into the house and after all that proofing, he gets in!  Me, Sam, Dean and my cherry-blonde mother are now in a room that is completely safe.  By some crazy circumstance we have now gone into a singing, costume changing montage and let me just say that Sam Winchester, Jared Padelecki, looks good in nothing but the American flag (WTF!)  posing like Mick Jagger and Dean Winchester, Jensen Ackles, looks good in…everything! 

All of a sudden, Miley Cyrus comes crashing through our safe room on a freaking wrecking ball!  Scares the bejesus out of everyone, including the insane, hard-body bag boy. 

I woke up.  Scared.  Looking around the room.

And there you have it.  Sounds stupid and I don’t know where it came from, but now I have an idea for a short story. 

Betcha’ can’t wait to read it.

 Just in case you were wondering, no I didn't have any alcohol before bed.  But, I think I need a drink after the shenanigans that went down in my dream...

1 comment:

  1. You have weird dreams! I would TOTALLY read that story!! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete