Monday, September 2, 2013

Places I've Been



Have you ever fallen in love with a character in a book?  A movie?  Anyone who follows my blog knows that I fell in love with New Orleans years before I visited that wonderful place.  Anne Rice weaved a web so wonderful in her vampire novels that you not only knew the characters, but you took the journey with them.  I walked the streets and back allies with first Louis and then Lastat.  I visited bars and cathedrals long before I ever stepped foot off of a plane.  

Authors who can do that rock!  They rock the bells.  They rock around the clock.  If you can think of any other sayings that involve rocking, you just let me know and I’ll make an addendum to this here blog post!
Ladies and gentlemen, I just discovered an author who made me fall in love with her characters and a far away world called Kingdom.  Last year I downloaded Marie Hall’s Her Mad Hatter for free.  Just so you know I have hundreds (closer to 700) books on my Kindle and I’m slowly making my way through them.  And last week Her Mad Hatter was the next one to be read.  I was there with Alice and Hatter in Neverland.  It was crazy and wonderful and scary and sexy.  So I moved on to the next novella in the series, Gerard’s Beauty.  It was rugged and funny and sexy.  I know this world!  I've been there!  (Yes, I'm a weirdo)  When I tried to move on to the next one I found that it had already been downloaded on to my Kindle.  Too many books downloaded makes it hard to keep track of what I have and don’t have.   

Needless to say I finished them all.  I wish there was a plane or train or timey wimey contraption to take me to Kingdom because that place is magnificently beautiful and intriguing.  And all the people there have their own kind of crazy kindness that seems welcoming.  

I’m sad to say that I finished all of the stories of the Five Bad Boys of fairy tales.  Lucky for me Marie Hall has another series coming out focusing on the misunderstood ladies of Kingdom. 
So… you know where this is going, right?  Yes!  You do!

Don’t you want to take that journey with me?  I’ve dreamt up an entire world in the Line of Lilith series that I can’t wait to share them with you.  You can always start the journey by checking out Hunted by Angels  It’s going to be free in a few weeks.  And for those of your who have already read it, next week Finding Angels will be released and you can continue the journey.  One day (God, please let it be soon!) there will be so many people checking me out and reading my books, I won’t be able to count them!  

And that’s just fine with me.  I write because I have to let it out and you read because you have to take it in.  You grow with characters.  You are happy when they are and you mourn for their loss.  That’s a great book.  When you feel like you know them personally, that’s a great book.  When you sit and feel like you know the next step of a character and can’t wait for them to make it, that is a great book!  

I hope I can be that for you.  
 Come on.  Walk with me.  

Take my hand and let me tell you a story.  You know you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment