Friday, November 29, 2013

I'm Working on It!



For the past month, my nights have been filled with editing Bound, my werewolf novel.  I finished writing it earlier this year, but I took a step away from it.  I really big step.  No, I shouldn’t have put it on hold for this long, but there’s no use in crying over spilled tequila.  It doesn’t change anything.  I used to be a big worrier, but I try to stay away from that part of me.   The uselessness of it is so time consuming and it doesn’t help.  I'm also a big procrastinator.  

 
What does help?  I’m so glad you asked.  Doing something.  Editing and writing.  Tweeting to gain more followers and posting Facebook posts to get more Likes.  For me, it’s a slow process.  But, it’s still helping. 

That worrier part of me tried to sneak in.  I started comparing myself to other people and thinking of how slow I was.  I’ve done it before.  Comparing how much weight I would lose compared to him or her.  Comparing how many words I wrote a day to how many the websites say I should be writing.  I was failing miserably.  It doesn’t help to compare yourself with others.  You’re either being self-serving or self-deprecating. 

I’m moving at my own pace.  And yes, I am a horrible procrastinator but, I have to deal with that aspect of my personality in a more constructive way.  And that’s what I’ve been doing.  

It feels great.  Liberating.  I won’t lie to you.  I’m still dragging ass, but at a much faster pace!  Things are getting done.  I spend less time worrying and more time getting things done.

Just thought I’d share with you.  You may be having the same problem.  But don’t worry.  Drag your ass a little faster than you did yesterday, and the day before that.  Soon, it’s done.  And then you have something else to do.  If you’ve learned your lesson it’ll get done faster.  If not, it’s up to you.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way, you're right.” –Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment