Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stayin’ Warm, Natches?

For me, ‘natches’ is an endearing term.  I don’t just call anyone a natch.  You should feel special.  I feel all warm and tingly when I refer to you as my natches.  Warm is nice right now, isn’t it?  It’s all cold and more cold outside so we need some warm feelings.  I’m off tomorrow, and hopefully Friday, and I going to cozy on up to my family and a nice bottle of wine.  Talk about warm feelings, eh?

The impending storm has me ready to sit up all night long and write away.  I’ve also decided to be a little more proactive in my writing.  Yes, I’m querying a few agents but I want to do something that will get my name out there so I can say, “Hey agent, I already have a nice sized following but with your help we can do this!  You natch, you!” 

I’m being goofy.  But I’m also being serious.  I’ve met CJ Ellisson a few times and she says, quite often, it’s good to bring your own following when you get an agent.  It shows that you work for what you want and are not afraid to put yourself out there to get it.  Don’t get me wrong, I am sooo not going to spend tons of money and find out it was all for naught.  I’ve found quite a few very cool websites and blogs that charge you a small fee to publicize your work. 

I’ll let you know when to check it out. 
 
If you haven't done so, check out Hunted by Angels and Finding Angels.  Both links are on the right side of this here page.  Let me know what you think.   

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment